MBI vs Extended Car Warranties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkoDude

Reaction score
Has anyone here given Mechanical Breakdown Insurance or an Extended Car Warranty a shot? I heard they're pretty similar. MBIs are usually cheaper and have more flexible payment options. Can anyone confirm this? And what about their coverage differences? I'm a bit clueless about the details and would love to hear from those who have experience with them.

Since I'm planning to hold onto my car for a long time, I went with a comprehensive extended warranty for maximum coverage. 3rd party MBIs suck!

Has anyone here given Mechanical Breakdown Insurance or an Extended Car Warranty a shot? I heard they're pretty similar. MBIs are usually cheaper and have more flexible payment options. Can anyone confirm this? And what about their coverage differences? I'm a bit clueless about the details and would love to hear from those who have experience with them.
Rather than purchasing an extended warranty, I prefer to save money for potential vehicle repairs after the manufacturer's warranty has expired. However, everyone has different financial strategies and risk tolerances.

Join the VW IDev Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back