Questions about leasing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carefreelouvee

Reaction score
I got a new VW ID.4 last October. But if I leased an EV instead, could I get that tax credit and roll it into my monthly payments? Because you are not technically purchasing the car through a lease, perhaps it works differently? I'm just curious if anyone has tried this.

Absolutely. Tax credits can be a great way to offset the cost, as long as you have enough tax liability to use them.

Congrats on your ID.4 btw!

what he said is right, you can use the tax credits and proceed with your monthly payments. you still need to talk to your dealer first to let them know, works for me but it depends on you and the dealer.

Well, you can indeed use tax credits to lessen the monthly payments that you're going to be making but I guess it varies from the laws that are being implemented in different states. I think the best option is to ask your local dealership about how to go through with this plan to avoid repercussions in the future.

Join the VW IDev Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back