Free EA Charging not so free anymore is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance_to_heal

Reaction score
Just got stung with a small charge at Electrify America for going a hair over 30 minutes on their free session. Anyone else noticed a change in their policy? In the past, I could squeak by with a few seconds extra, but now it seems like they're charging even for tiny amounts of overtime. Gotta be super precise, I guess! Does anyone have tips for keeping it exactly at 30 minutes?

Just got stung with a small charge at Electrify America for going a hair over 30 minutes on their free session. Anyone else noticed a change in their policy? In the past, I could squeak by with a few seconds extra, but now it seems like they're charging even for tiny amounts of overtime. Gotta be super precise, I guess! Does anyone have tips for keeping it exactly at 30 minutes?
The only tip that would work in situations like this is to set your alarm to 29 mins and 30 secs and do it manually and pull the plug just right before it hits 29:59 to avoid going over the free session. They're just avoiding other people who have taken advantage of their lenient policy in the past.

I usually end the charging session after 28 or 29 minutes, but the final charge time is frequently displayed as slightly longer. The device connects easily, which is useful.

Join the VW IDev Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back