Finally My 2022 ID.4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimchigunhoo

Reaction score
Remember the chaotic reservation of 2021-2022? Yeah, that was me and the ID.4. Needed a car ASAP due to delays, so I landed a fantastic Kia Niro (47k happy miles later!).

Fast forward to yesterday while driving past the VW dealership... there it was: a red ID.4, same trim, same options as my original order! Turns out it was a 2022 with barely any miles, sitting there since...well, 2022! Apparently, it was a customer order gone astray, then stuck in recall.

Long story short, this "forgotten" ID.4 is now mine! Snagged it with some sweet discounts, feels like fate finally intervened. The dealership even took care of parts, software updates, and now it's ready to hit the road.

Haven't driven it enough to compare to the Niro yet, but as a tall guy, the ID.4 feels like a perfect fit (roomier somehow, even though the specs might say otherwise!). Yay for today!

I am very pleased with my 2022 AWD. I've had no issues with the infotainment system because I only use Apple CarPlay. My only minor complaint is the excessive number of confirmation prompts. The car does, however, have a great turning radius and impressive driver-assist features, which I really like the most.

Join the VW IDev Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back