Front drive motor issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolas Gate

Reaction score
I'm currently experiencing a frustrating issue with my 2021 id.4 AWD; after scanning, the diagnosis was a failed front drive motor. It has only 2400 miles on it! Worse, they do not have an ETA for the availability of their parts. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Are they pushing these out before they are ready?

Experiencing a failed front drive motor with only 2400 miles on it is certainly disappointing plus there's no ETA for the availability of the parts needed for repair? You're right, it does raise questions about whether these vehicles are being rushed out before they're fully ready.

So sorry to hear that! I've been in the same boat. Found out on October 3rd that my AWD ID.4 needs a new front motor. Was expecting it by January 8th, but now it's all up in the air. Talk about a headache!

So sorry to hear that! I've been in the same boat. Found out on October 3rd that my AWD ID.4 needs a new front motor. Was expecting it by January 8th, but now it's all up in the air. Talk about a headache!
No word on when replacements will arrive? It sounds like the entire batch may have problems. I guess I'll request a buyback then.

Last edited:

Join the VW IDev Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back